Note however, that if you are starting a blog to boost traffic to your website or to promote your business, your niche should be related to your website or business. If you own a business, your niche blogging should focus on your business. In that case most of the considerations here may not be relevant to you. These considerations are for people starting niche blogging from scratch.
What are your Interests?Your blog should be about your interest and passion. It should be about a topic you are happy discussing. Your blog should be about something you are passionate about. Passion is very important in blogging because it takes time and energy to build a reputation and make money from blogging and without passion you will certainly give up along the way.
So, if you plan niche blogging it is a good idea to focus in an area of you have interest in. So, find out your passion and interests first.
To discover your passion and interests you need to brainstorm. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What topics do you regularly discuss about with your friends?
- What are your hobbies?
- What type of movies do you watch?
- What do you spend your money on?
- What types of books and magazines do you read?
- What types of websites do you regularly visit?
- What sort of places do you visit?